25 September 2006

Catching Up

Sorry, my focus hasn't been here for a bit. One does get tired of writing "Bush is an evil & corrupt idiot" over and over -- it leads to Carpel Tunnel Syndrome.

So let's take a moment and abandon politics (till the next post, anyway) and think happy thoughts -- things that I have enjoyed or am enjoying recently:

1. Doctor Who won the Hugo Award. Bravo.

2. I'm finally at a job where Talk Like a Pirate Day is a recognised holiday. Oh sure, I had to work -- but I got to talk like a pirate all day! That was fun. It's not often when you can end a phone call to your manager with "now get them orders up on my poopdeck pronto, or by Neptune's beard I'll dangle yer testicles from the mainsail as a warning to others." Yes, I actually said that!!

3. Weird Al Yankovic is back with a new video -- and it's freakin' hilarious. I'm embarrassed to tell you that at least two lines in White & Nerdy fit me to a T.

4. On September 29th, Heather and I will have been married for 10 years (!!). In honour of this, the Sci-Fi Channel will be running an all-day Doctor Who marathon. Bliss.

No comments: